?

Log in

 
 
11 July 2005 @ 11:16 am
Men Overboard (Jin/Sawyer Joint Post) ATTN: Tail Section Survivors  

Jin wasn't sure how much longer he could do this. Fighting the current, fighting to keep his and Sawyer's heads above water, desperately searching for some sign of land. Just land, anywhere, anything but the eerie, pitch black ocean water.

He'd failed Sun. The raft was destroyed, Michael was nowhere to be found, Walt was taken. And Sawyer was barely holding on to consciousness. He wouldn't let himself fail Sawyer too. He wouldn't.

...Was that a camp fire in the distance? They couldn't possibly have found them...could they?

No, it wasn't the beach that the place crash survivors had camped on. It was different, a smaller stretch of beach fortressed by rocky cliffs on either side. But if he looked closely--and listened very carefully--he see people gathered around a large fire.

It could have been the ones that took Walt. But Jin knew he didn't have the strength to swim anymore. So it would have to do.

Deliberately he changed his course, adjusting his hold on Sawyer so that he was pulling him towards the distance glow. "I see something," he explained, even though he knew Sawyer couldn't understand him.

Sawyer, however, even in his half-coherent state, could see the same thing and appeared to get the idea of what Jin was saying. "Don't need...a translator...fer that, Bruce." he gasped. "I know 'land ho' when I...hear it." Damn it, his shoulder burned...and his head felt funny...

"Land...ho?" Jin parroted back brokenly through harsh breathing. He could hear the voices even more clearly now...predominantly high and female. The ones on the boat, that had taken Walt, had all been male...not that that meant anything.

Sawyer frowned, voices touching his ears. "Either I'm hearin' what Saint Peter's got in store...or we're even less alone on this hellhole island than we thought, Bruce." he grunted. Those were voices...and female...and Sawyer was willing to bet that, based on the life HE'D led, they weren't angels.

TAG: Tail Section Survivors

 
 
 
dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 04:28 pm (UTC)
Isabel to the Rescue ATTN Jin/Sawyer/Ana Lucia
Isabel had been sitting on the the edge of the shore, the water lapping at her feet. She hadn't been able to sleep. Too many strange noises coming from the jungle all day. Isabel was antsy. Something was coming. You didn't have to be a psychic to figure that out. There had been a strange anticipation in the air all day.

Suddenly, as she stared out into the water, her eye caught something. A dark figure in the water. Isabel stood suddenly, realizing what it was. "Ana!" she yelled for Ana Lucia. "There's someone in the water!"

Without thinking, Isabel pulled off her jeans and tugged off her shoes, running into the water. She was a strong swimmer, but the current was harsh and she was panting by the time she was halfway to the figure.
_ana_lucia_ on July 11th, 2005 04:33 pm (UTC)
Ana picked up the large shell embedded in the wet sand, examining it with a critical eye. Looked like a broken piece of a conch or something...strong. And sharp. They had some good blades at camp, but extras could always come in handy. Besides, given they only *had* a limited number of blades, they needed something to sharpen them.

It was no whetstone...but when the edge wore down, might work...

She paused to glance up at the horizon, peering out curiously. Was...could that be?...

Ana dropped the shell and shed her t-shirt, pulling off her boots before running like hell into the surf in jeans and bra, diving into the waves as she began swimming for all she was worth.

She knew what she'd seen...two people, fighting to stay afloat.

Who in the HELL from the camp had the stupidity to swim out that far?

She reached the pair in a couple minutes time, whipping her wet hair out of her face as she gazed at...

...an Asian man and a scruffy blonde with a pallor as white as an executive out of Beverly Hills.

"Who the hell are you?" she found herself asking incredulously.
jshephard on July 11th, 2005 04:54 pm (UTC)
Jin kept his tight hold on Sawyer as he fought to the shore, aware that 2 figures were swimming towards him. He did not slow even as one of the women reached him and said something in a questioning tone. Nor would he let her help him. He would get Sawyer to shore himself. "He is wounded," he explained breathlessly in Korean (was it too much to hope that maybe someone would understand? Yes, probably so). "He needs medical treatment. He needs *doctor*." Jin used one of the few English words he knew, hoping to make himself at least partially understood."
_ana_lucia_ on July 11th, 2005 04:58 pm (UTC)
Okay...questions later. The blonde dude was clearly in bad shape.

Ana turned in the water as Isabel approached. "Yo, Izz! You're being paged!" she quipped, turning back to the pair. She reached out briefly before the Asian man started drifting away again...but all she needed was a second.

She grew up in the 'hood...she knew a gunshot wound when she saw one.

"Chica, this guy's been shot!" she called out to Isabel, swimming after Jin. The stuff he was saying...maybe the con could help out. She'd heard him speak *something* Asian sounding before. Was it Korean? Japanese? No, definitely Korean.

She swam after the Asian man, then smacked his arm to get his attention. "Yo, fella! Doctor!" she informed him, pointing over at Isabel. "Doctor, 'kay? Slow down, we'll get you to shore!"
dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 05:00 pm (UTC)
Isabel tried to take the half conscious man from the other Asian man, but he refused. "It's alright," she said breathlessly. "We can help."

She turned and saw Ana Lucia beside her relieved that the other woman was there. She glanced at the woman sharply as the man started talking to them in...well, she wasn't sure, but it sounded like Korean or something. At the one word she recognized, Isabel started nodding eagerly. "Yes, doctor. I'm a doctor."

The party reached the shore, Isabel and Ana tried again to help the Asian man. Isabel gave the wounded man a once over. "He's been shot," she said, surprised, glancing over at Ana Lucia. "He's lost a lot of blood. Bring him to my tent."
_ana_lucia_ on July 11th, 2005 05:16 pm (UTC)
"I can't carry him alone..." Ana growled peevishly, hating herself for her own weakness. They needed more dudes around here...

Ana rose swiftly and ran a few feet to make sure she'd be heard. "Ruby! Chris! Front and center!! Yeager, get AJ's ass over here five minutes ago or I'll kick BOTH your asses! We got company!!!!"
val_necro: Bloodval_necro on July 11th, 2005 05:22 pm (UTC)
Val heard the yells and came running to see what's up.
Without any hesitation she ran up and looked at Ana who was already getting help. She Moved her attention to the asian looking man and urged him to sit down while the others brought the wounded man to the tent. She hoped Yeager would get an move on.
jshephard on July 11th, 2005 06:56 pm (UTC)
"What are you doing?!" Jin angrily barked at the dark-haired woman as she and the blonde began to drag Sawyer away. He got up and tried to follow, but another woman stepped in front of him and seemed to be urging him to sit down. "No!" He shook his head and tried to push past her. "I have to stay with Sawyer!"
val_necroval_necro on July 11th, 2005 07:01 pm (UTC)
She sighed as she could understand the intentions of the man. She motioned him to follow her but to stay on a distance. But she gathered that the man understood that as well...

On that moment Tazy arrived and she quickly explained the situation while leading jin to the tent.
Anastazia Mashka Aryoanastazia_aryo on July 11th, 2005 08:12 pm (UTC)
It seemed that in moments, the formerly sleepy camp was alive with people. Anastazia looked at Val and the Asian man. "Let's do what Isabel suggested, try to keep him calm." 'Though if my friend was shot, I'd be freaking out too...' She thought to herself. Jocey went somewhere to get water, and Anastazia saw Yeager and AJ and the other men around...
Tazy looked to the Asian man, and in slow words, said, "Sir, we need you to calm down." She tried to pantomine what she was saying, but slowly. "What is your name?" She then asked. She pointed to herself. "Tazy. I'm Tazy." She then pointed to Val. "She is Val. Val. You--?" She hoped that she wasn't offending the man, but if an idiot girl took his mind off of his wounded friend, maybe he would calm down.
jshephard on July 11th, 2005 08:40 pm (UTC)
Jin shook his head and once again tried to move towards the tent where the two women had carried Sawyer off to. "No, I have to stay with him, get out of my way!"

((Brought up from below: AJ rolled his eyes at Yeager's order. "Leave the translating to me, huh?" he shot back gruffly. When he turned to the other man, he spoke again, this time in careful, somewhat broken Korean. "*Hey...take it easy. That blonde woman is a doctor...she's caring for your companion. What's your name?*"))

Jin stared at the young man in quiet surprise before breathing a sigh of relief--but still keeping himself guarded. "I am Jin. Who are all of you? Where did you come from?" A quick glance around the camp, and he began to see some very familiar things: pieces of airline wreckage used as shelter, blankets sewn into canopies...Perhaps another plane had crashed, before 815? Or..."We are survivors of a plane crash," Jin said very quickly, speaking rapidly in his attempt to explain. "Oceanic Flight 815 to Los Angeles. We were trying to get off of the island, and go for rescue on a raft. A group of men attacked us, shot Sawyer, and took a young boy hostage. They destroyed the raft. We have been swimming for some time, looking for land."
(no subject) - aj_archer on July 11th, 2005 08:50 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - jshephard on July 11th, 2005 09:22 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - aj_archer on July 11th, 2005 09:42 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - jshephard on July 11th, 2005 09:57 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - aj_archer on July 11th, 2005 10:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - ryeager on July 12th, 2005 10:00 pm (UTC) (Expand)
booksandblueyes on July 11th, 2005 09:00 pm (UTC)
"Tazy? Val?" Jocey rushed up to the two of them and bent over, trying to catch her breath, silently cursing herself for being out of shape. "Isabel...wants me to find...some bamboo, and tubing. The guy needs blood. Do you have any idea where we could find something that would work?"
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 09:03 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - anastazia_aryo on July 11th, 2005 09:15 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - ryeager on July 11th, 2005 09:18 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - booksandblueyes on July 11th, 2005 09:52 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - anastazia_aryo on July 11th, 2005 11:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
c_arrington on July 11th, 2005 07:41 pm (UTC)
As he was not tired enough to sleep, Caleb had been sitting beneath a canopy, listening to the sounds of the ocean and the faint sounds of the jungle for several hours now. He had heard the approach of unfamiliar voices coming from the ocean...which didn't make any sense. None at all.

"What in blazes..." Caleb shifted and listened hard, picking up enough snippets of the conversation to hear what was going on. 2 unknown voices, 1 did not speak English. And Ana Lucia was hollering for AJ and Yeager.

Wordlessly, Caleb got to his feet and picked up his cane, counting the steps between his tent and Yeager's. "I believe your pressence is very much requested over by the medical tent," he informed him without preamble in his lightly Scottish accented voice. "Both of you."
Ryan Yeagerryeager on July 11th, 2005 08:00 pm (UTC)
"'Presense'?" Then he heard it. Shouting. And in male voices. Plural. There weren't that many around, with Caleb, himself, and AJ out of the mix. Frowning, Yeager got up and moved towards the entrance, careful not to knock Caleb aside. Then he saw the two strange men, one clearly in need of medical help, the other putting up one hell of an argument with the women. "God dammit."
AJ Archeraj_archer on July 11th, 2005 08:04 pm (UTC)
AJ cracked open one eye from where he'd been lounging as he heard the shouts...what the?...

He finally lifted his head, narrowing his eyes at Yeager cooly. "So...you wanna just slug me now for heading out?" he deadpanned, rising to his feet. "Or you wanna come with while I go help that Korean dude out?"
Ryan Yeagerryeager on July 11th, 2005 08:08 pm (UTC)
Yeager didn't even grace that one with a response. "Shut up and let's help this guy, huh?" With that, he left the tent, moving to the Asian man. Thankfully, AJ could translate. Yeager hoped anyway.

Yet the man was agitated. Over his friend, no doubt. Looking over his shoulder, Yeager saw Chris and Isabel working on the man. "Tell him the guys being cared for by doctors, huh? Then find out what the hell happened." He asked AJ, more like a statement than an order.
AJ Archer: AJaj_archer on July 11th, 2005 08:13 pm (UTC)
AJ rolled his eyes at Yeager's order. "Leave the translating to me, huh?" he shot back gruffly. When he turned to the other man, he spoke again, this time in careful, somewhat broken Korean. "*Hey...take it easy. That blonde woman is a doctor...she's caring for your companion. What's your name?*"
(no subject) - jshephard on July 11th, 2005 08:41 pm (UTC) (Expand)
James "Sawyer" Ford: Sawyer Pilot_complex_guy_ on July 11th, 2005 05:22 pm (UTC)
Sawyer blinked as he felt himself being hauled along...not floating, but being physically dragged.

Land...that was land beneath them. He could almost smell the earth through all the blood...

He lifted his head, blinking owlishly at the petite blonde checking him over. A deep, warm chuckle rose from his chest as a slightly loopy smile crossed his face.

"Well what d'ya know," he drawled sluggishly, "guess Saint Peter let my ass in after all."

With that, his eyes rolled up into his head as he finally sank into blissful oblivion.
dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 05:40 pm (UTC)
Isabel tried to check his pupils as he grinned at her, almost drunkenly. He had lost way too much blood and was near exhaustion. She glanced at Ana Lucia sharply. "He's gone into shock. There's no time to wait. Get him into my tent now." She looped his other arm around her shoulder and struggled to drag him towards her tent.

God, he was heavy.
Anastazia Mashka Aryoanastazia_aryo on July 11th, 2005 06:47 pm (UTC)
Anastazia had been snoozing under one of the canopies, having an unpleasant dream about Greg and the people who had disappeared...And several shouts and yells woke her up. Groggily, she propped herself up on her arm, wondering if any boars had made their way back to camp, and then she noticed Isabel and Ana Lucia dragging someone, and an Asian man that definitely wasn't a part of their survivors.
Snapping to alertness at once, Tazy kicked off her blanket and pulled herself to her feet. She jogged to where Val and the Asian man was. "Holy crap..." She breathed to Val..."Where did these two come from?!"
val_necroval_necro on July 11th, 2005 07:03 pm (UTC)
"They both washed ashore. this one speaks only korean and the other seems to be an american, but he has been shot badly from what I saw."
She kept an check on the newcomer "we need to bring him to tent as he might have some information that might help his friend".

(continued here> http://www.livejournal.com/community/oceanic_815/2302.html?thread=26622#t26622 )
booksandblueyes on July 11th, 2005 07:05 pm (UTC)
Jocelyn was a light sleeper as it was, and the Asian man's voice was nearing frantic, so she was up pretty quickly when the shit started to go down. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and got up from her shelter, coming to stand beside Tazy to stare in shock. "What...what the heck is going on? Who are they, and where did they come from?"
dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 07:22 pm (UTC)
Isabel was starting to feel overwhelmed with everyone suddenly appearing, asking questions and trying to yell over the Asian man.

She paused dragging the unconscious man to her tent. "We don't know who they are right now or where they've come from, but we'll find out. Right now, I need to see to this man. Val," Isabel turned to the woman. "Calm him down and see what you can find out. Give him some water and make sure he's okay as well. Jocey, I need as much fresh water as you can carry and the alcohol and medicine that I have stored with the common goods."

The first few days on the island they had found all the medical supplies they could and had them stored under lock and key for safe keeping. Isabel pulled the key from a string around her neck and handed it to Joecelyn. "Hurry," she said, her voice deadly serious.
chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 07:40 pm (UTC)
At the shouts, Chris ran over from the other side of camp. Thankfully, he had overheard other people's conversation, so he had no need to ask what was going on. Moving over to the blonde man's other side, blue eyes took in the situation. "He's lost ae lot o' blood. How the bloodae 'ell are we going te give 'im a transfusion?" He asked aloud before moving to remove the man's shirt. They needed to get at the wound, and considering how that one section by the shoulder was caked in red, even though the black shirt, it was obvious where the wound was.

As the wound was revealed, Chris' eyes opened. "Who the hell *are* these guys? And how'd he get shot?"
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:02 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - _complex_guy_ on July 11th, 2005 08:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:11 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - aj_archer on July 11th, 2005 08:15 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:16 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - booksandblueyes on July 11th, 2005 08:18 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:24 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:27 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:30 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:34 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:37 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - rubymason on July 11th, 2005 08:31 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:36 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:36 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:39 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 08:45 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - rubymason on July 11th, 2005 08:46 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - chrisbourke on July 11th, 2005 08:51 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - dr_almost on July 11th, 2005 09:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - booksandblueyes on July 11th, 2005 08:56 pm (UTC) (Expand)
Anastazia Mashka Aryoanastazia_aryo on July 12th, 2005 06:41 am (UTC)
OOC: Figured, since it's all tangled and intertwined, I'd just post a new comment.
IC:
Tazy exited the tent and walked to where the others were. AJ and the Asian man were still talking, so that had to be good...And no more people had washed up, so that could be a good--or bad--sign.
With a sigh, Tazy sat down near AJ, Yeager, and the Asian man. She figured that she couldn't do anymore right now, so she'd just wait.